Students with disabilities now make up approximately 5.2% of the total student population at third level. Institutional readiness to facilitate access, transfer, and progression for students with disabilities is a critical factor in ensuring successful transition and progression within further and higher education.
The SOAR Project in partnership with schools aims to enable a smoother transition to higher education using assistive technologies and develop a holistic transition programme for targeted students with disabilities.
Students from Tyndall College, Carlow recently completed a typing course in IT Carlow
- Institute of Technology Carlow
- Munster Techological University
- University College Cork
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- National Council for Special Education
- Aspect A.S. Support Service